Questions about Spirit Fund? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Bishops' Giving Society
What is it?
Each year, leadership contributions represent more than 85 percent of the Spirit Fund’s cash total. These gifts provide flexible resources to support the immediate needs of our schools, both in the classroom and across campuses.
- $1,000 can send a teacher to a professional conference in his/her field to cultivate valuable networks and create dynamic classroom programming.
- $2,500 can help pay for a school field trip to the Indianapolis Zoo or Children’s Museum.
- $5,000 can support a summer internship for students interested in working with technology to prepare student laptops and iPads for the new school year.
- $10,000 can support the development of one new course to meet student demand – like the entrepreneurship class recently launched at Central Catholic.
In recognition of its most generous donors, LCSS has established a number of leadership giving societies. Membership in the Bishops’ Giving Society is renewable annually and is based on unrestricted gifts made or facilitated by and individual and his/her spouse. Corporate matching gifts count toward membership if received or verified within the fiscal year. Eligible gifts include the annual Spirit Fund, contributions to the Scholarship Granting Organization, contributions to LCSS Endowment Funds, special event sponsorship, Blue Knight Auction deductible contributions and memorial donations.
Levels of Support
Benefits of Membership
- Invitations to special leadership events
- Recognition in appropriate honor rolls and annual report
- Annual recognition gift
- Personal assistance with LCSS matters. Contacts:
Eric Davis, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 474-7500
Matt Buche, Director of Advancement, email@example.com or (765) 607-4902
- Guardian Knight members who give $10,000 or more are provided an All-Access Pass to all LCSS home athletic contests (excludes IHSAA tournament contests), concerts, plays and events for the household.
Spirit Fund is the Lafayette Catholic School System’s annual giving program. With many families affected by the recession and the pandemic this year, your support of the Spirit Fund makes a difference to all our families.
The Spirit Fund helps provide student aid so that all students who want a Catholic education will be able to receive one, teacher support so that teachers can continue to provide excellence in learning both in-person and virtually, and funding for extracurriculars such as the fine arts and music so that students are taught in a well-rounded environment. Your support of the Spirit Fund is the difference between a good education and a great one.