Times are different today.
Our minds are filled with secular images and messages, which causes us to think more as human beings do and not how Christ teaches. It is no longer safe to assume that the school we choose for our children will provide an environment for healthy living and good morals.
You want your children to learn in a place where they will have many opportunities to develop their God-given talents, to establish a love for learning, to form life-long friendships, and to grow in their faith. The Lafayette Catholic Schools want these things for your children, too!
There are many important aspects that define the Lafayette Catholic Schools; our teaching is centered on the following:
- An LCSS education is an education of the WHOLE person; spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially.
- Parents are the PRIMARY educators, and the values and morals that are important in your home are shared by the school and by fellow parents.
- Faith formation is top priority. Our emphasis is on building and strengthening a RELATIONSHIP with Christ while preparing our students to ask the more important question, “What is God calling me to do?” rather than “What do I want to do with my life?”
- LIVING the faith is the ultimate goal of an LCSS education. We are preparing our students to be tomorrow’s servant leaders of their church and communities.
- We EXPECT more inside the classroom and outside the classroom. Because to whom much is given, much is required.
Interested in admission?
Kindergarten is different than it used to be. By the end of Kindergarten, most children today are reading books, adding and subtracting, and taking tests on the computer. For many families, it can be your child’s first exposure to formal education, and you want it to be a positive experience.
In the Lafayette Catholic Schools, we capitalize on the curiosity and the energy of this young age.
Our teachers nurture the gifts unique to each child, helping them believe in themselves and abilities. Students develop strong self-confidence necessary for successful learning.
Grades 1 – 6
In the formative years of grades 1-6, we offer your children a challenging curriculum, a disciplined learning environment, and the encouragement to push themselves academically.
With a curriculum that is balanced with special programs such as music, art, physical education, guidance, and technology, we cultivate the developmental skills necessary for junior high and high school.
The responsible and loving behavior of Jesus Christ is our code of conduct as we instill a Christian sense of personal accountability for one’s actions.
Grades 7 – 12
The rigorous grade 7-12 curriculum annually prepares more than 94% of our graduates for higher education.
And, because nearly 100% of the students participate in extra-curricular activities and every student performs community service, colleges and employers welcome their skills, talents, and work ethic.
More importantly, in a world that promotes self-satisfaction and personal fulfillment, Central Catholic students graduate instead with a Catholic worldview that they utilize when they go on to serve as leaders in their local community and churches.
Please call (765) 474-7500 or email for more details.
We prepare your children for life.
Raising children who can meet the challenges of life today can be an awesome responsibility.
In past generations, the values of popular culture were for the most part influenced by a Christian worldview.
Entertainment, schools and patterns of behavior were more or less in harmony with the moral and spiritual messages people would learn through their faith.
Just a few student accomplishments.
- The class of 2018, 51% earned the Indiana’s Academic Honors Diploma, 98% are attending college and 2% are attending a vocational program. 90% will onto their sophomore year in college.
- 100% of 3rd graders passed the IREAD test
- 100% of our students participate in Christ-centered services, sacraments and retreats.
What others have to say!
The teachers and staff are supportive and wonderful. Each child is loved! The Lafayette Catholic Schools give a strong moral foundation along with strong academics. The whole community helps each child to maximize his or her potential.
The LCSS provides a safe environment in which our son can learn. It is a close, tight-knit family that cares about each other and looks out for one another. The teachers, priests, parents and entire staff are all so special. They go above and beyond to take care of the student to ensure they receive every opportunity available for a quality education through which they can achieve their maximum potential.
We want to challenge our kids academically, but also teach them how to live with kindness, respect, humility, integrity and faith. It’s not enough to talk about your faith and beliefs – it is something you need to show every day in how you live your life.