ISDH CLOSE CONTACT UPDATE EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 8, 2021
- Faculty, staff and students who remain at least 3 feet apart and wearing a mask at all times in the classroom, are no longer considered a close contact and required to quarantine.
CENTRAL CATHOLIC - Additional desks are being placed in individual classrooms spaced at least 3 feet apart to maximize the total number of students with an in-person classroom. No changes to physical education, band or choir. Assigned lunch seating and extracurricular activities will continue to be contact traced.
ISDH QUARANTINE OPTIONS - REVISED
ASYMPTOMATIC CLOSE CONTACT
- Option 1: 14-Day Quarantine. Remains the preferred length of quarantine according to the recommendations by both CDC and Indiana Department of Health.
- Option 2: 10-Day Quarantine. No testing needed to return to school on Day 11. No extracurricular or athletic activities through Day 14.
- Option 3: 7-Day Quarantine. Obtain PCR test 5-7 days following confirmed exposure. If negative, may return to school on Day 8. No extracurricular or athletic activities through Day 14.
- If positive, isolate for 10 days from symptom onset. May return to school following 10 day isolation and when symptoms improved and 24 hours fever free, if you are NOT a close contact.
- If negative, and NOT a close contact, you may return to school once you are symptom and fever free for 24 hours.
- If not tested nor alternative diagnosis, isolate for 10 days from symptom onset. May return to school following 10 day isolation and when symptoms improved and 24 hours fever free.
NOTE: The Indiana Department of Health has posted guidelines on their website related to BinaxNOW ‘antigen rapid’ testing being done in schools. At this time LCSS has not received any testing devices or additional guidance. We will continue to consult with the TCHD and other local school leaders if this comes available.
TRAVEL DURING COVID-19
- The CDC has a COVID-19 Travel Alert, which encourages people to delay travel and stay home to protect yourself and others. The CDC guidelines recommend a viral test 3-5 days after travel AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel.
Students, teachers and staff members are encouraged to follow the CDC guidance to protect themselves and others from COVID-19. Decisions to self-quarantine following travel are supported to limit classroom and student activity disruptions, but not required.
On behalf of the health and safety team, we wish you a restful extended weekend. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (765) 474-7500.
Matt C. Buche
Health & Safety Chair