Congratulations to our Students, Teachers, and Principals for achieving the high recognition of a Four Star school. This year, for the first time ever, all four of the Lafayette Catholic School System Schools received this distinction: St. Mary Cathedral (PreK-3); St. Boniface (4-6); St. Lawrence (PreK-6) and Central Catholic Jr./Sr. High (7-12).
The Four Star school ratings were recently posted by Indiana Department of Education. The criteria used by IDOE is as follows:
- A school must have received an “A” school for the 2015-16 school year. A school must have tested at least 95% of students on ISTEP English/Language Arts and Math.
- Grade 3-8 Combined ISTEP Pass Percentage (Pass Percentage of English/Language Arts ISTEP+ + Pass Percentage of Math ISTEP+) must be in Top 25th Percentile for each grade tested. (minimum of 10 students)
- Grade 3-8 Percent Passing Both ISTEP (Percent of students who passed both the English/Language ISTEP + and Math ISTEP +) must be in the Top 25th Percentile for each grade tested. (minimum of 10 students)
- 2018 Cohort Combined ECA Pass Percentage (Percent of students who had passed English 10 ECA + Percent of students who had passed Algebra I ECA by end of 10th Grade) must be in the Top 25th Percentile. (minimum of 10 students)
- 2018 Cohort Percent Passing Both ECA (Percent of students who passed both the English 10 ECA and the Algebra I ECA by the end of their 10th Grade) must be in the Top 25% Percentile (minimum of 10 Students)