Application Process –
Get Started at Central Catholic in 3 Simple Steps:
A completed application packet will include:
□ Application form
□ $100 application fee payable to the LCSS (The application fee is non-refundable unless is a student is denied admission due to Central Catholic being unable to meet the student’s special education accommodations. The application fee is credited toward the student’s tuition.)
□ Official Transcript to include:
- Academic records – to include grades to date from previous school(s).
- Discipline records – It is general practice of Central Catholic to not accept any student with violations against their school’s discipline policy within the previous 6 months, and at least one year after an expulsion.
- Attendance records– Students may not be accepted if they have excessive tardies or absences as determined by the Admissions Committee. Exceptions are made for medical reasons with an appropriate note from their doctor.
- Individual Educational Plans (IEP) or 504b Plans – Central Catholic is not equipped to provide one to one instruction nor does it have self-contained special education classroom; however, students with disabilities will be accepted when reasonable accommodations can be made for their education. Central Catholic works cooperatively with Greater Lafayette Area Special Services to provide the best possible placement and accommodations.
□ Parish Verification & Assistance Form – (one per family) This form verifies your membership at a Catholic parish in the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana. Parish membership qualifies you for Tier 1 tuition rates and the multi-child Parish Assistance. The Admissions Office will submit your completed form to your pastor for approval. If you are a Catholic family moving to the Lafayette area, complete the form and submit it with your application. Once you choose a parish and register with the parish office, the Admissions office will secure the Pastor’s signature. Non-Catholic and International students do not need to complete.
2. Take the Placement Test
Contact the Admissions Director 765.474.7500 to schedule a time to take the Placement Test.
3. Interview with the Admissions Committee
A meeting will be scheduled for the student and their parents to meet with the Admissions Committee. After the meeting, the Principal, based on recommendations of the Admissions Committee, will make the final determination of acceptance to Central Catholic. All new students will be admitted conditionally for one semester. Students may be accepted on probation and will be asked to sign a contract with specific terms identified. Approval is subject to change pending receipt of the student’s final records from the previous school.
Questions may be directed to Angie Schrader, Admissions Director at 765.474.7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.