“So we, though many, are one body in Christ….” (Romans 12:5)
Here at LCSS, people often comment that our schools “feel like family.” That feeling is due in large part to the community acting and functioning as a broader extension of the family. And being part of a broader family calls us to be responsible for and connected to one another.
We are focusing this year on our nine core Gospel Values, which values help inform us and guide us in all that we do at LCSS. For the month of August, we will focus on the Gospel Value of “Community.” I would like to encourage our parents, students, teachers, and alumni to take a few extra steps this month to help us build community this month.
Here are some very powerful and practical ways we can demonstrate and build our community:
- Actively and regularly participate in your family’s faith community and worship services, such as Mass, confession and adoration;
- Pray daily with your family for our students, parents, teachers, coaches, staff, and administrators;
- Welcome opposing fans and guests to our building and sporting events and demonstrate our Gospel values during and after the event;
- Participate in the broader community as a representative of LCSS and our Gospel values;
- Welcome our new families to the LCSS community:
• If you see someone you don’t know at school or a school event, introduce yourself and your family to them.
• Invite new families to attend a school, sporting or parish event.
• Invite new families to dinner with your family.
Thank you for helping us build and support such a great community.