This week, January 26 – February 5, is National Catholic Schools Week. As we reflect on the national importance of this week, I wanted to share insight into our Lafayette Catholic School System (LCSS) and the impact it’s having on our students and community.
Our diverse population of over 1,000 students in pre-k through grade 12 continue to do some amazing things.
Below are six important milestones our families, faith community, faculty, staff, and students should all be proud of.
- LCSS Ranked #4 in Indiana for combined grades 3 through 8 (Math/ELA) scores;
- Central Catholic rank in top 3% in Indiana for Grade 10 combined (Math/ELA) scores;
- Highest End-of-Course Assessment pass rates in Tippecanoe County – 100%;
- Students continue to live the Mission – attend mass weekly, discuss Gospel Values daily, and contribute over 10,000 hours of community service;
- Our high school graduates continue to be some of the best-prepared students for college as shown by the Commission for Higher Education;
- 100% of students graduate, 95% go to college and over 40% return to this area to live, work and serve.
Research has shown that Catholic school graduates are more civically engaged, more likely to vote, more tolerant of diverse views, two times more likely to earn a Bachelor’s degree, seven times more likely to attend weekly Mass, have higher lifetime earnings, and are more committed to service as adults. As a parent of third generation Lafayette Catholic School System children, it warms my heart each day to see our children practicing their faith, excelling in the classroom and learning the importance of serving our broader community. I would love to hear the impact your Catholic education had on your life.
For generations, our schools have provided an exceptional and affordable education to families from diverse backgrounds. Our local Catholic community has advocated and ensured all families who desire a Catholic education have equal access to it. We need everyone’s support to continue to demonstrate that Catholic Education Works. I ask you to join me with your participation in The Spirit Fund. Your participation demonstrates that LCSS is one of the best possible investments for our children today. You can personally give a gift of any size that is meaningful to you. The school budget requires $336,000 or about $346 per K-12 student to cover the programs essential to educate our children and fulfill this important mission.