January 1 is an important date for Admissions. It is the first day new student applications for 2014-15 may be received for grades 1 – 12. And with enrollment growing, open spaces are filled in a Priority Placement Order for applications received between January 1 and April 15. After April 15th, it’s first come, first served.
What is the Priority Placement Order for grade 1 – 12 applicants to the LCSS?
1. Siblings of current LCSS students and CC alumni, and children of LCSS employees.
2. Children of registered families from the six Tippecanoe County parishes.
3. Children of registered families in parishes within the Diocese of Lafayette.
4. Children of registered families in parishes outside the Diocese of Lafayette.
5. Lafayette Christian School and St. James School students (CC only).
6. All other students are welcome.
Last summer was the first time in a long while where a waiting list was started for an LCSS grade, specifically grade 7 at Central Catholic. With the LCSS retention being at 90.78% (“The mark of a great school is one with a retention rate of at least 90%” -Rick Newberry, Enrollment Catalyst), applicants wanting to ensure they get a space in next year’s classes are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
If you know a family considering the Lafayette Catholic Schools for their children, refer them to Angie Schrader, LCSS Admissions Director, for more information, 765.474.7500 or email@example.com. Families interested in K – 6 might also be interested in the attending the Winter Open House on Sunday, January 26, Noon – 2:30 pm at St. Lawrence and St. Mary Cathedral Schools.
For families seeking Kindergarten enrollment for 2014-15, applications will be accepted beginning at Kindergarten Registration Day, Friday, February 7, 2014, 8 am – 1 pm at St. Lawrence and Mary Cathedral Schools. Current LCSS families and St. Mary and St. Lawrence preschool families will be able to pre-register their kindergarten children in late January.