The Mission of the
Lafayette Catholic School System
is to serve God
by providing a challenging academic education
integrated with Catholic values and morals
developing the whole person
spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially.
He Shepherds, We Shape, They Shine
S Strong Catholic Formation
H High Academic Standard
P Positive Christian Environment
E Excellent Teachers and Facilities
We believe that the
issue of providing a quality Catholic education to all of our children is of
the utmost importance to the future well-being and salvation of our Church,
our nation and our community.
All persons have an
inalienable right to a quality education “in virtue of their dignity as
human persons” and that all have a right to an education that develops
harmoniously their physical, moral, spiritual and intellectual
- A quality education can be attained only in an orderly, just, and non-violent
- Administrators have the responsibility to ensure the overall Catholic Christian environment
in which all participants in the system are respected
- While recognizing the primary role of parents in the education of children that there
are educational duties and responsibilities vested in civil and
religious authority in order to better provide for the common good of all people.
- Parents are responsible to enter into cooperative relationships with those delegated
with educating their children.
- Teachers, administrators, the Board of Education and the Board of Trustees are
responsible to collaborate with parents in all decisions relating to the
education of their students.
- The goal of all education is to foster the development of the total person. This
formation needs to provide students with opportunities for moral and
spiritual growth to complement their intellectual and physical
- Students need to have a desire and willingness to grow in their overall formation in
their academic and personal life.
- Each student is provided with and expected to maintain an environment that is conducive
to learning and that is orderly and respectful of each individual,
regardless of the student’s social, cultural or personal status.
- All members of the Lafayette Catholic School System, employees, students and parents are
expected to fully embrace the mission and the policies of the Lafayette
We believe that the challenges we face in this endeavor can only be met and
overcome if we join together with Jesus Christ, put aside all that might
potentially divide us, and seek to serve our common goal of providing all of
our young people with a quality education that will provide them with the
knowledge and skills to live happy, productive and rewarding lives.